Our Parent Institution Rayat Shikshan Sanstha
ABOUT RAYAT SHIKSHAN SANSTHA :
Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, our parent institution, is one of the biggest educational institutions in Asia. Padma Bhushan Karmaveer Dr. Bhaurao Patil was a firm believer in the idea that, education is the main spring of social change. With this intention, he founded Rayat Shikshan Sanstha in 1919, at village Kale in District Satara, and, spent his entire life in providing educational facilities to the poor and downtrodden.
Philosophy of Dr. Bhaurao Patil highlighted in a nutshell -
- Dr. Bhaurao Patil believed that education of the masses was the first and foremost condition for freedom and unity of the nation and also as a means of livelihood and regeneration.
- He used education as a medium for the reconstruction of a casteless society and started residential educational hostels open for students from all castes and communities in 1924, which was named as Chhatrapati Shahu Boarding in the presence of Mahatma Gandhi.
- He thought that education should become a real force for liberation of the masses from social and religious bondage and also an instrument of national integration, rural development and for political, social justice and equality.
- In conducting schools and colleges, the principles of self-help and self-reliance were followed in tapping the local resources and through “Earn and Learn” schemes.
- Co-operation between industries and educational institutions for the purpose of vocationalisation of education is his important contribution to educational reconstruction.
All his glory lies in his self sacrificing life towards the downtrodden masses to make them literate, and this has been recognised with the following awards & titles.
- "Karmaveer" the title of honour conferred on him by the masses.
- "Padma-Bhushan" the great honour conferred on him by the Government of India (26th January, 1959).
- D.Litt. the honours cause conferred on him by the University of Poona (5th April 1959).
The Rayat Shikshan Sanstha in recognition of its educational services to the masses, has been honoured with :
- 'Dalit-Mitra Puraskar' by Government of Maharashtra (1993-94).
- 'Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Rashtriya Puraskar' by Government of India (1994).
- 'Rajashri Shahu Puraskar' by Rajashri Chhatrapati Shahu Memorial Trust, Kolhapur (1998).
- 'Adarsha Shikshan Sanstha Puraskar' by Government of Maharashtra (2000-2001).
- Shri Sant Gadge Maharaj Seva Puraskar' by Shri Gadge Maharaj Mission, Mumbai (2001 - 2002).
- Shri. Panjabrao Deshmukh Smruti Purskar (2003)
- Excellence in Education Award-2011- by Dr. D.Y. Patil Pratishthan, Navi Mumbai.
- Shahu, Phule, Ambedkar Puraskar - 2012-13 by Government of Maharashtra.
- Jivangourav Puraskar - 2013-14 by Maharashtra Foundation (America & Sadhana Trust).
- Vatvruksha Shiv-Puraskar -2014-15 - Krutisamiti, Shivaji University, Kolhapur)
- Satara Bhushan Puraskar by R.N.Godbole Trust, Satara- 2015-16
- Bharatratna Moulana Abul Kalam Azad Puraskar by Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune 2016
- Shivaji Universities Principal R.K. Kanbarkar Award 2017.
- Karmyogi Purskar 2018 by Social Forum Trust.
Today, Rayat Shikshan Sanstha runs 28 Pre-primary schools, 41 Primary schools, 438 Secondary Schools including 153 Higher Secondary Schools, 53 Technical Schools, and 26 Girls Schools and 8 Ashramshalas. The Sanstha has 176 Junior Colleges and 8 teachers Training Colleges. The Sanstha Conducts various M.C.V.C. courses at 53 different branches. There are 42 colleges imparting higher education in the faculties of Arts. Science, Commerce and also professional faculties like Education, Law, Management and Engineering and also one Research Institution recognized by Shivaji University.
For more information: -